About Mohs Surgery
Mohs micrographic surgery is the most effective and advanced treatment for skin cancer today. It offers the highest potential for cure – even if the skin cancer has been previously treated by another method.
To learn more about whether Mohs surgery is an appropriate treatment for your skin cancer, find a fellowship trained Mohs surgeon in your area.
Mohs surgery treats skin cancer through a highly specialized and precise technique that removes the cancer in stages, one tissue layer at a time. Select from the following pages to learn more:
- Overview of Mohs Surgery: Briefly outlines the Mohs procedure and explains its advantages, success rate, and cost-effectiveness.
- The Mohs Surgery Procedure: Provides detailed information about how Mohs surgery is performed.
- The Mohs Step-by-Step Process: Provides a helpful diagram so you can visualize the surgical process.
- Why Does My Cancer Need Mohs Surgery?: Explains when Mohs surgery is an appropriate treatment option.
- Reconstruction: Describes wound repair options after Mohs surgery.
- Post-Operative Care: Describes what you need to know in the short and long term after surgery.
- Mohs Surgery FAQs: Answers common questions about Mohs surgery.
To ensure that your skin cancer treatment is performed with the highest standards of quality and competency, be sure to choose an American College of Mohs Surgery (ACMS) fellowship trained Mohs surgeon.