Fellows-in-Training Clinicopathologic Case Competition
Fellows-in-Training are invited to submit clinicopathologic slides and photographs of Mohs cases that have uncommon or rare pathology or that illustrate prototypical diagnostic challenges and keys to diagnosis or tumor detection. The winner will be invited to present the case during a plenary session at the Annual Meeting.
The ACMS will develop a library of interesting cases for an online teaching set, which all Fellows-in-Training and members of the ACMS may access.
- Members of the Slide Quality Review Committee independently review each submission.
- To ensure fairness, reviewers are blinded to the author(s) and/or institution(s) who submit the case.
- Each reviewer independently scores the case based on:
- Rarity of the pathology
- Relevance to ACMS members
- Quality of the clinical photographs and frozen section histology
- Delivery of educational points
- Organization and coherence of the clinical question/interest
- Acceptance is at the sole discretion of the Slide Quality Review Committee.
General Submission Guidelines
Case submissions must be received by the ACMS office by Friday, February 10, 2023. No cases will be accepted after this deadline.
- Fill out all necessary information on the submission form. Submissions must include clinical history, clinical question or interest (not to exceed 3 pages), and clinical references.
- Send submission form along with labeled histology slides. Please package slides securely in a padded envelope. Slides are easily damaged during shipment.
- Slides are limited to 5 per submission. All histology slides will be digitally scanned and must be a standard size of 26x76 mm, with a thickness of 0.9 to 1.2 mm, including cover slip. Once scanned, slides will be returned.
Please note: If you have the capability of digitally scanning slides in high resolution (20x zoom), please email Abby (email@example.com) for details on how to submit and to verify compatibility.
- Please submit clinical photographs associated with your interesting case. All photographs must be original and digitally submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Photographs must be saved as TIF or JPG files. Please remember that the ACMS considers the manipulation of photographs used in the media, journals, scientific meetings, and in presentation to patients for the purpose of deceiving the audience to be against the ethical standards of the ACMS.
- A consent form must accompany all recognizable photographs, including photos of any portion of the central face (eyes, nose, and/or mouth) and images that contain tattoos.
- The winner will be invited for a 4-minute oral presentation during a plenary session at the 2023 ACMS Annual Meeting.
- Please direct questions regarding the Fellows-in-Training Clinicopathologic Case Competition to Abby D'Alberto, email@example.com or (414) 347-1103.
Please complete the submission form and send with clinical photographs and consent form (if applicable), and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Labeled histology slides should be sent to the following address:
American College of Mohs Surgery
Attn: Brendan O'Reilly
555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3823