MohsAIQ is the national data registry of the American College of Mohs Surgery. MohsAIQ, pronounced "mosaic," stands for Mohs Advancing and Improving Quality. It supports the ACMS mission to promote and advance the highest standards of patient care with respect to Mohs surgery and dermatologic oncology. Ultimately, the registry will help the ACMS and its members demonstrate the value of Mohs surgery as patient-centered and highly effective. MohsAIQ will provide meaningful data about patients and physician performance in order to improve outcomes and maximize results under new payment models.
Launching August 2018 • Building the Future of Mohs Surgery
Assess and improve quality
Participating in the registry will give you and your institution or practice the tools you need to assess and improve the quality of Mohs treatment. You will be able to track outcomes over time and view real-time results, across patients within your practice or institution, or benchmarked against de-identified results from national peers.
Meet CMS reporting requirements
Later this year, the ACMS will be self-nominating MohsAIQ for approval by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for reporting under the Merit-based Incentive Payment System. The College’s goal is for MohsAIQ to be the only MIPS solution designed exclusively for Mohs surgeons, and for your institution or practice to use MohsAIQ to fulfill the requirements of MIPS for the 2019 reporting year.
Generate new clinical knowledge
The robust data within MohsAIQ will serve as a working foundation to drive research, publications, and innovation for the specialty.
Advance the Mohs specialty
Participating in MohsAIQ is will strengthen and advance the specialty by providing a knowledge base to draw upon and review surgical methods.
Grow institutional recognition
By supporting the participation of Mohs surgeons in MohsAIQ, your institution will become recognized as a leader in driving quality in skin cancer care through registry-based quality improvement initiatives.
Increase insurance network stability
MohsAIQ will have the ability to run reports that can address payer issues and increase the stability of the Mohs specialty in the nation’s insurance networks.
Participation in the MohsAIQ registry is available to all domestic ACMS members. Here's how to get started:
- Click the 'Download enrollment form' button below to download a fillable PDF form. Download, complete and return this form to the ACMS via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You will receive legal documents via email within a week; obtain necessary signatures on these documents and return to the College via email at email@example.com.
- Participants will be sent training links for authorized staff, and will be ready to start participating in MohsAIQ when it goes live on August 1, 2018.
If you have any questions about the enrollment form or process, please contact Tammy O'Connell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (414) 347-1103.
- ArborMetrix News Release Announcing Partnership with ACMS
- National Registry and Outcomes Committee Updates
ArborMetrix, based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is the vendor partner selected by the ACMS to develop and help administer MohsAIQ. ArborMetrix was founded by internationally-recognized surgeons and uses a technology platform purpose-built to support medical specialty society registries. It has provided custom registries for the American Society of Anesthesiologists, the Americas Hernia Society Quality Collaborative, the American Association of Endocrine Surgeons, the Pediatric Cardiac Critical Care Consortium, and other organizations.
MohsAIQ will leverage ArborMetrix’s flexible technology infrastructure, advanced analytics, and interactive dashboards to support quality improvement initiatives and clinical research leading to the identification of best practices. ArborMetrix aims for ACMS members and others who participate to be able to use MohsAIQ to satisfy quality reporting requirements from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Quality Payment Program (QPP), under the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) starting in 2019. ArborMetrix will be supporting the College’s self-nomination as a Qualified Clinical Data Registry for 2019.
What is MohsAIQ?
The Mohs Advancing and Improving Quality (MohsAIQ) registry, powered by ArborMetrix, supports the ACMS mission to promote and advance the highest standards of patient care with respect to Mohs surgery and dermatologic oncology. The registry will help the ACMS and its members demonstrate the value of Mohs surgery as patient-centered and highly effective. MohsAIQ will provide meaningful data about your patients and your performance so you can improve outcomes and maximize results under new payment models.
What is the cost to participate in MohsAIQ?
Participation in MohsAIQ is available to ACMS members, and is a benefit of ACMS membership. There is no cost to participate in the registry.
What reports and features does the registry provide?
MohsAIQ’s suite of features and reports will make it easy for you to see how you are performing, identify and implement best practices, improve care, and optimize CMS quality reporting. You will come away with answers to key questions such as:
- How am I performing on key quality and process adherence measures?
- Am I excelling or lagging on these key quality and process adherence measures compared to my practice overall? Comparative peer groups? ACMS surgeons overall?
- In what areas of my practice are there the greatest opportunities to improve quality and/or processes?
MohsAIQ will especially deliver:
- Interactive, real-time analytics and reports on an intuitive, web-based, HIPAA-compliant interface
- Clinical relevance with specialty-specific measures
- Clinical depth through the ability to drill down to see patient-level details
Can I use MohsAIQ to fulfill CMS requirements under MIPS?
Later this year, ACMS will be self-nominating MohsAIQ for approval by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a Qualified Clinical Data Registry (QCDR) for reporting under the Merit-based Incentive Payment System. The College’s goal is for MohsAIQ to be the only MIPS solution designed exclusively for Mohs surgeons -- and for your institution or practice to use MohsAIQ to fulfill the requirements of MIPS for the 2019 reporting year.
How will I submit data to MohsAIQ?
Physicians and practices will provide data to the registry in a number of ways, which include manual data entry and EHR integration.
- The ACMS and ArborMetrix, the College’s technology and analytics partner for the registry, are actively working to establish partnerships with the EHRs most commonly used by Mohs surgeons. Once a partnership is established with your EHR vendor, ArborMetrix will work with you and your EHR to submit data directly from your EHR to MohsAIQ. Your institution or practice will incur any fees imposed by the EHR for this direct connection.
- Although the amount of manual entry may be decreased with a direct EHR interface, there will likely still be some manual entry due to the detail the registry is collecting.
The shared goal of the ACMS and ArborMetrix is to minimize interruptions to your workflow while maximizing the quality of the data in the registry to make sure it is of highest value to you and other Mohs surgeons.
Can non-physician personnel enter data into the registry?
Yes, other healthcare professionals such as nurses and medical assistants will be able to enter data in MohsAIQ on your behalf.
Is the data I provide secure and confidential?
Yes, MohsAIQ is compliant with the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act. The information you provide will only be available to you. It will be de-identified in any and all reports accessible by others participating in MohsAIQ.
How do I sign up to participate in MohsAIQ?
Click here to complete the interest form, and the ACMS will keep you informed about registry progress and will notify you as soon as enrollment opens. Once enrollment opens, the ACMS will provide you with necessary forms to complete the sign-up process. These forms will include a data use agreement, business associate agreement, and other related documents.
If you have questions or comments about MohsAIQ, contact Tammy O’Connell, CEHRS, the ACMS Administrative Manager, National Registry and Quality, at email@example.com or call (800) 500-7224.