Program Chair's Message
I’m honored to invite you to the 2017 ACMS Annual Meeting in San Francisco. The Program Committee and other ACMS members have created a curriculum that meets the high standard of excellence you expect, and that represents our diverse experiences as dermatologists. Some highlights include:
- The popular Morning Mini-Sessions will allow you to tailor the meeting curriculum to your specific interests in cutaneous oncology, reconstruction, pathology, preoperative evaluation, and more.
- Due to the success of the “Rapid Pearls” abstract session, we will again have members present two-minute tips to improve Mohs surgery technique, frozen section pathology, reconstructive surgery, and practice management.
- Two highly experienced guest speakers will broaden our perspectives by addressing challenges highly relevant to our surgical practice: Dr. Vasu Divi will discuss Multidisciplinary Care of Complex Tumors, and Dr. Nirusha Lachman will cover Integrating Anatomy into Everyday Practice.
- The Annual Business Meeting will inform you on issues of great importance to our specialty and the future of medicine.
- Plenary sessions will feature highly engaging content on a variety of topics relevant to both younger and more experienced surgeons, and will surely instigate continued conversation during multiple opportunities for social interaction.
I would like to thank our President, Tom Stasko, as well as the Scientific Program Committee and so many valued colleagues whose thoughtful ideas helped shape this year’s meeting. Special thanks goes to the ACMS staff for its focus on hundreds of details that make the meeting such an enriching experience for all of us.
I’m excited to see you in San Francisco!
Michel McDonald, MD, FACMS
Chair, 2017 Scientific Program Committee
5: Pre-registration & hotel room block open
12: Abstract submission deadline
15: Fellows-in-Training Clinicopathological
Case Competition submission deadline
16: Early meeting registration ends
3: Exhibit booths must be paid in full
24: Hotel room block closes
31: Pre-registration ends; must register
onsite after this date
31: No Exhibitor refunds after this date
27-30: Annual Meeting