Fellows-in-Training Clinicopathological Case Competition
Fellows-in-training are invited to submit clinicopathologic slides and photographs of Mohs cases that have uncommon or rare pathology or that illustrate prototypical diagnostic challenges and keys to diagnosis or tumor detection. The winner will be invited to present the case during a plenary session at the Annual Meeting.
The ACMS will develop a library of interesting cases for an online teaching set, which all fellows-in-training and members of the ACMS may access.
- Members of the Slide Quality Review Committee independently review each submission.
- To ensure fairness, reviewers are blinded to the author(s) and/or institution(s) who submit the case.
- Each reviewer independently scores the case based on:
- Rarity of the pathology
- Relevance to ACMS members
- Quality of the clinical photographs and frozen section histology
- Delivery of educational points
- Organization and coherence of the clinical question/interest
- Acceptance is at the sole discretion of the Slide Quality Review Committee.
General Submission Guidelines
Case submissions must be received by the ACMS office by February 15, 2017. No cases will be accepted after this deadline.
- Submissions must include clinical history, clinical question or interest (not to exceed 3 pages), and clinical references.
- Slides are limited to 5 per submission and must be a standard size of 26x76 mm, with a thickness of 0.9 to 1.2 mm, including cover slip.
- Send submission form along with labeled histology slides to the ACMS office. All histology slides will be digitally scanned and returned.
- Please submit clinical photographs associated with your interesting case. All photographs must be original and digitally submitted (via email to firstname.lastname@example.org in CMYK color format as TIF or JPG files at 300 dpi at 5 inches in width. Please remember that the ACMS considers the manipulation of photographs used in the media, journals, scientific meetings, and in presentation to patients for the purpose of deceiving the audience to be against the ethical standards of the ACMS.
- A consent form must accompany all recognizable photographs, including photos of any portion of the central face (eyes, nose, and/or mouth) and images that contain tattoos.
- The winner will be invited for a 4-minute oral presentation during a plenary session at the 2017 ACMS Annual Meeting.
- Please direct questions regarding the Fellows-in-Training Clinicopathologic Case Competition to Mary Randall at email@example.com or (414) 347-1103.
Please complete the submission form and send with clinical photographs, consent forms (if applicable), and labeled histology slides to the following address:
Attn: Mary Randall
555 E. Wells St. Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202-3823
5: Pre-registration & hotel room block open
12: Abstract submission deadline
15: Fellows-in-Training Clinicopathological
Case Competition submission deadline
16: Early meeting registration ends
3: Exhibit booths must be paid in full
24: Hotel room block closes
31: Pre-registration ends; must register
onsite after this date
31: No Exhibitor refunds after this date
27-30: Annual Meeting