Membership and Dues
Pay Dues and View Dues History
In addition to the dues renewal forms mailed out each January, members have the option of paying dues online. Click the link below and choose whether to pay with a credit card or print an invoice and pay with a check.
Edit Member Profile
Help us keep our records current by verifying that your member profile information is correct. You can review and edit your name, designation, institution and title, as well as your contact information, communications preferences, and publicly accessible Surgeon Finder profile.
After completing a medical residency in Dermatology, a physician must apply to one of the more than 70 approved Fellowship Training programs across the country. Once accepted as a fellow-in-training, the physician must complete a minimum of 500 Mohs surgery cases under the direction and supervision of an approved, veteran ACMS surgeon over a one- to two-year period. Read more about fellowship training.
To become an Associate Member of the ACMS you must complete an ACMS-approved Fellowship Training program. Once the program has been completed, you must submit:
- A completed membership application (including release form)
Associate Member Application: Word | PDF
- A completed case log form with 500 cases completed during your training - ACMS Case Log: Excel | PDF
NOTE: Per the Policies, Procedures and Guidelines of the ACMS Fellowship Training programs, all physicians graduating from an approved Mohs fellowship must submit a full case log of their training. At least 50 of the Mohs cases and 50 of the reconstructions submitted must qualify as complex. The definition of complex cases may be found here: Mohs Complex Case Criteria (PDF)
- Final Evaluation of Fellow (to be completed by program director): PDF
- A letter of recommendation from your program director
- Signature (on application) verifying submission of a scientific article
- $75 application fee (click here for invoice)
- Fellowship Training Program Evaluation: PDF
- A copy of your current ACLS card
Associate membership is $750 annually for domestic members and $550 for international members. The application deadline is August 1.
Full Membership (Fellow)
After three years as an Associate, you are eligible to become a Fellow of the ACMS. In order to attain this change in status you must submit:
- A completed Fellow Member application (including release form): Word | PDF
- A completed case log form with 300 cases completed after your training: Excel | PDF
Fellow membership is $750 annually for domestic members and $550 for international members. The application deadline is August 1.
A Fellow Member is eligible to become a Life Member after he or she has reached 65 years of age and has been a member in good standing for at least 20 years prior to application for Life Membership; has retired from the practice of medicine or is disabled and cannot practice medicine; and was an active member at the time of the request.
To request Life Membership, please submit a letter to the Board of Directors for consideration.
International Affiliate Membership
Licensed physicians in good standing who have completed a Fellowship Training program of at least one year in length located in a country outside of the United States who have been found ineligible to complete an ACMS, ACGME, or ACD Fellowship Training program are eligible to apply for International Affiliate membership. International Affiliate membership is $375 annually. Applicants will need to submit the following materials via mail, email or fax:
- Application and release form (on page 3 of application)
- Case log containing 500 cases
- Application fee (download invoice)
- Letter of recommendation